Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Old Dominion Speedway

Here is how the conversation started: I got something fun for us to do tonight. OK, what? Well, you are going to think it's pretty redneck but just hear me out.

Johnny worked on Saturday and as he was leaving his customer's house the customer told him that they were about to head out to Manassas to go to the Old Dominion Speedway. Johnny was like what is that? His customer told him that it's a race track that races all kinds of cars and that kids get in free. I wasn't really into going but I knew the boys would like it and seeing that I am out-numbered here I said OK let's do it. Johnny was right, it was pretty red but the kids really enjoyed it and at least I got a funnel cake out of it.


Gentleman, Start your engines!


These are what they call "The Legend Cars"


Lovin the race!




This little guy liked running back and forth on the bleachers and eating funnel cake.


When we got in the car to leave Johnny asked Tucker if he had a good time. Tucker's response: I liked it, a little bit.


After the race was over they let the crowd come down into the pit. We got to look at all the cars and even sit in some of them.


Jacob got right in and started waving bye.




This was my favorite car and guess what a woman drove it. Wow, I could have a future at Old Dominion Speedway. Um, I think I will keep my day job.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you feel like you were visiting Alabama at any point in the evening?!
=) ~L

Anonymous said...

Great pictures. Hope you liked it a little bit. Love, Papa John

Anonymous said...

Hey Anonymous

Don't knock it till you try it!

Alabama Aunt B