Saturday, February 9, 2008

911 what's your emergency? (again)

Well, its not really an emergency but I've locked my keys and my baby in my car! Ok, I will send out an "officer" to help you. So this is what happened: We were leaving Panera Bread and Johnny decided to take Tucker to the bathroom and I went on out with Jacob. I thought I would go ahead and get Jacob in the car and pick up Johnny and Tucker at the front of Panera. I unlocked the car, threw the keys in the front seat and put Jacob in his seat. I closed the door and walked around to the driver's side door. I tried to open the door and what do you know the door was locked. All the doors were locked!! Um, what just happened? I just unlocked the door and put Jacob in the car and now the doors are locked with my sweet but very attached baby in side all by himself. I just stood there in shock not really sure what to do. I turn around and here comes Johnny with Tucker on his shoulders all ready to start our fun family Friday. Um, Johnny do you have your keys? No, why would I have my set of keys? Um, so if I locked my keys in the car with Jacob you could unlock the door. My first thought was to call Beau and have him run by the house and get the keys and bring them to us but I knew that would take to long so I just said we need to call 911. I don't even want to look in the car at Jacob because I know he is going to be out of control but I have to look and well he is asleep. What?? Ok, good news he is asleep. Back to the 911 call. The nice lady informs us that an "officer" will be out to help us. We stand by the car waiting for the "officer". When she informed us an officer was coming I thought a police officer not the Fairfax County Fire Department. My first thought was please don't be the same fireman that came out to my house at 1 in the morning when my fire alarm would not stop going off. All five fireman get out and it takes them about 5 minutes to get the door opened. Tucker enjoyed seeing the firetruck and Jacob never woke up.

2 comments:

Holly Dodd said...

I did the same thing, only Emma was not asleep. She screamed her head off for like 20 minutes (seemed like an eternity) while I cried my eyes out!

Anonymous said...

I'm sure this wasn't funny while it was happening, but it is hilarious to read! You crack me up! ~L