Monday, October 13, 2008

Boys will be boys!

Last week Jacob was playing outside on the play set and was climbing up the ladder and fell off the ladder, I think. I was on the deck grilling out and wasn't exactly paying attention but I am pretty certain he fell off the ladder. He was crying pretty bad and when I went to get him I noticed he was limping. I investigated the situation and his leg/ankle was not broken but he was really upset and did not want to put any weight on his right leg. It took him about 30 minutes to calm down then he was fine but still limping. I was worried but not enough to rush him to the ER. I gave him some Tylenol and put him to bed. He slept all night and seemed fine the next morning. He was still limping but didn't act like he was in any pain. I let my neighbors look at him and they all thought it was probably sprained. I let it go all day and finally at 5:30 that night I rushed him to the DR. They did an exam and weren't concerned but did think an X-Ray was necessary to be safe. Great! This should be easy for a 19 month old to lay still for an X-Ray. He actually did great and everything looked great from the X-Ray. It was just a silly sprain and he was fine after a couple of days and a good ole Ace bandage. Boys will be Boys!






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope he will be ok. Johnny and Beau were always getting nicked up. Tell them Papa John said hello. Love You all. Papa John

Anonymous said...

The first of many! Bless his heart - glad he's ok. ~L